Last Updated on February 17, 2014
When We Collect Information
We or our service providers may collect personal information and other information from or about you when you:
- Request information or materials e.g. whitepapers
- Download software
- Request support
- Make any online purchases
- Submit questions or comments to us
- Register for webinars or seminars
- Participate in any surveys or evaluations
- Respond to any promotional campaigns
- Participate in any competitions or giveaways
Should you submit any personal information through the Paremus Website you warrant that the information provided is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
The Information We Collect
Examples of Personal information that we may collect includes your:
- Company name
- Job title
- Company and/or personal address
- Telephone numbers
- E-mail address(es)
- Username(s) and passwords
- Billing information
- Credit card or other financial information
- Contact preferences or
- Any other information that permits us to make physical or online contact with you.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We will retain all personal information collected according to the UK’s Data Protection Act of 1998 which is derived from the EU Data Protection Directive, and we will retain this for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account, or request that we no longer use your personal information to provide you services, email firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal service to Marketing, Paremus, 107-111 Fleet Street, London, EC4A 2AB. Even after we cancel your account or cease using your personal information to provide you services, we may still retain, use, and disclose your information as necessary to comply with our legal, regulatory, ethical, or document retention obligations, and any request to delete your personal information is subject to these obligations and restrictions.
Use of Your Information
We, or our service providers, may use the information you provide to:
- Welcome you
- Provide support and services
- Create and maintain accounts
- Send you information and updates about Paremus products and services
- Answer questions
- Personalise communication with you
- Process, fulfil and invoice you for products or services you have purchased
- Send you surveys
- Better understand your needs and interests
- Improve our service and your experience
- Notify you about changes to our websites
- Combat fraud and any other criminal activities
- Fulfil any legal obligations we may have
- Perform any other action that we describe when you provide the information
- Perform any other action with your consent
We may provide online chat forums and blogs (“forums’) for you via our websites. Any information that you disclose in these becomes public information, which could be read, collected, or used by other users to send you unsolicited messages. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Our websites may also provide for “Live Chat”, wherein Paremus personnel can monitor your areas of interest and engage in instant messaging with you to provide information or answer any questions. By posting in our forums and/or using “Live Chat,” you explicitly consent to these uses of your information. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
Sharing Of Your Personal Information
Unless you agree, or unless permitted by relevant laws, we will not share, sell, trade, or lease your personal information to or with others except as described below:
- For any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information,
- For orders, billing/credit card processing, and to provide service,
- For research activities, including the production of statistical reports (such aggregated information is used to describe our services to current and prospective partners and other third parties, and is not used to contact the subjects of the report).
- In the context of a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, or divestiture (pursuant to a pledge of confidentiality under which the recipient agrees to use the information for no purpose other than carrying out the transaction).
- As anonymous, aggregated data) without restriction.
- With third-party service providers and suppliers (including distributors and resellers) to deliver certain products and services. These third-party service providers and suppliers receiving personal information are authorized to use your personal information only for the purpose it was originally intended or as required or permitted by law. However, unless otherwise dictated by law or agreement, Paremus is not responsible for any improper use by such parties. Examples of services provided by these third party suppliers on our behalf include e-mail delivery, website hosting, transaction processing, and event planning. If we do share your personal information with our service providers and suppliers it will only be to the extent necessary to deliver the product or service you requested, respond to your requests for information on products or services, or otherwise support your business needs. You will not have the opportunity to opt out of having your information shared with these third-party service providers and suppliers for these purposes, and they may contact you directly regarding such purposes.
- As required by law
- To enforce the terms of any agreement with us
- To combat fraud or other criminal activity
- If we determine in our good faith judgment that such disclosure is necessary to provide our services or to protect the rights, interests, safety, or property of our business, employees, suppliers, customers, or others
Storage of Your Information
Our Communication with You
We make every effort to provide you with the ability to opt-in or opt-out of receiving email and other communication from Paremus and/or its partners.
You can unsubscribe or choose not to receive promotional materials from us by following the specific instructions in the e-mail or other communication you receive or by notifying us either via email to email@example.com with subject title ‘Unsubscribe’ or via postal service to Marketing, Paremus, 107-111 Fleet Street, London, EC4A 2AB. Please note that if you choose to unsubscribe you will not receive special offers that may be of value to you.
For your protection, we reserve the right to contact you in the event that we find an issue with a product or service you have purchased that requires your immediate attention.
Your Access to Your Personal Information
We strive to keep your personal information accurate. We have implemented technology, management processes, and policies to maintain data integrity. We will provide you with reasonable access to your personal information in accordance with relevant laws, including by making reasonable efforts to provide you with online access and the opportunity to update your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your personal information. To request access to your personal information, either email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title ‘Personal Information Details’ or via postal service to Marketing, Paremus, 107-111 Fleet Street, London, EC4A 2AB. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to reject such access requests or to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such requests, if required or permitted by applicable law.
Links to Other Non-Paremus Websites and Third Parties
Security of Your Personal Information
We have implemented measures designed to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% private and secure, and you understand that we do not ensure or warrant the privacy or security of any information we collect from or about you, and that you use our websites and other services and provide us with information at your own risk. If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Please also be careful to avoid “phishing” scams, where someone may send you an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking for your personal information.
Children under the Age of 13
Our websites are not intended for use by children under the age of 13 years. No one under the age 13 may provide any personal information to or on our websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of its features/register on the website, make any purchases through the website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our website may collect and / or log IP addresses, domain names, web browser and operating systems used to access our website, along with the files and pages visited (including time and date and duration of visit). This may be collected automatically through the use of log files and cookies placed either by us or one of our service providers. Cookies are small text files that are sent from a website or application via your browser and are stored on your computer’s hard drive or mobile device to help the site provide a better user experience. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping carts, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better.
- the pages that you visit on our websites
- your navigation and click patterns on our websites
- the date and time of your visit to our websites
- the functions you use on our websites
- the searches you request on our websites
- the information you save or download from our websites
- third party websites you visit immediately before and after visiting our websites
- email click throughs and opening details
- track your progress in some of our competitions and promotions.
Can I decline to accept cookies?
If you continue to use our website without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. You are not obliged to accept a cookie that we (or any other web server) send to you. Most browsers accept cookies automatically but you can modify the settings in your browser to turn off this feature. However, cookies are integral to some areas of our websites and to certain of our online services, so if you do choose not to accept cookies from us, you may not be able to utilise some areas of our websites and we may not be able to provide certain online services to you.
How do I modify my browser to turn off (“disable”) cookies?
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. To find out how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Use of Web Beacons
Some of our Web pages may contain electronic images known as Web Beacons (sometimes known as clear gif’s) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web Beacons collect only limited information, which includes a cookie number, time and date of a page viewed and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides. We may also carry Web Beacons placed by third party advertisers. These Beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
Where can I find further information on cookies?
For further information on cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.