Last Updated on May 24, 2018
The controller of your data will be Paremus Ltd (Paremus, us, our or we).
This policy also describes your choices regarding use, access and collection of personal information data as well as your rights to your personal information data that we process. If you do not agree with the terms, please do not access or use the Paremus websites, services, mobile applications, or any other aspect of Paremus’ business.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, we welcome you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information We Collect
- your name;
- your username and password;
- your email address;
- your phone number(s);
- your home or work address;
- your job title;
- your payment and delivery details, including billing and delivery addresses and credit card details, where you make purchases from us;
- your contact preferences;
- your computer or device’s operating system, browser, and your use of and activities on our websites
recordings of calls you make to our support team;
- and/or any other information you provide
How We Collect This Information
We, or our service providers, may collect, store and process this personal information data and other information about you when you:
- Use Paremus Websites or Services or Products;
- Purchase and/or Register Products;
- Request information;
- Subscribe to marketing or support materials and services;
- Download Paremus software, third party software, or open source software from our website(s);
- Enter competitions or respond to promotional campaigns;
- Attend Paremus online or in person events
Our Use of This Information
We process the personal information data listed in section 1 above so that we, or our service providers, may use this in various ways including in connection with:
- providing service and support to you;
- billing you for products and services;
- verifying your identity;
- as required to establish and fulfill a contract with you;
- communicating information about Paremus websites, products and services and our mobile applications, and other interactions (e.g., customer support inquiries, user conferences, etc.) including sending you direct marketing in relation to relevant products and services. Electronic direct marketing will only be sent where you have given your consent to receive it, or (where this is allowed) you have been given an opportunity to opt-out. You will continue to be able to opt-out of electronic direct marketing at any time by following the instructions in the relevant communication;
- websites, products and services and our mobile applications, and other interactions (e.g., customer support inquiries, user conferences, etc.);
- personalizing (i) our communications to you; (ii) our website; and (iii) products or services for you, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- complying with our product and service obligations as well as in any other way we describe when you provide information;
- contacting you to complete surveys that we use for marketing or quality assurance purposes;
- sending you promotional information;
- responding to requests for information or materials you make e.g. white papers;
- your download or use of our software or evaluations;
- your registration for webinars or seminars;
- monitoring any customer account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law and our legitimate interests;
- if you provide a credit or debit card, we may also use third parties (such as POS payment providers) to check the validity of the sort code, account number and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud, in accordance with our legitimate interests and those of third parties;
- where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- with your express consent to respond to any comments or complaints we may receive from you, and/or in accordance with our legitimate interests including to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services;
- to monitor use of our websites and online services. We may use your information to help us check, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- to comply with applicable law and regulation;
- in accordance with our legitimate interests in protecting our legitimate business interests and legal rights, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation);
- and for any other purpose with your consent.
If you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising, please contact us at email@example.com or follow the opt-out instructions in the email.
We may use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile applications on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
Sharing Your Personal Information Data
We may share your personal information data with the following third parties:
- our professional advisors such as our auditors and external legal and financial advisors;
- marketing and communications agencies where they have agreed to process your personal information data in line with this Privacy Notice;
- market research companies;
- our suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors;
- and/or search engine and web analytics.
These third parties are only authorized to use your personal information data for the purpose it was originally intended or as required or permitted by law. However, unless otherwise dictated by law or agreement, Paremus is not responsible for any improper use by such parties.
If you opt out of sharing your information with these third-party service providers for these purposes, we may be unable to provide our websites, services, mobile applications, information or support you request.
Personal information data may also be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws. Personal information data may also be shared with third party service providers who will process it on behalf of Paremus for the purposes above. Such third parties include, but are not limited to, providers of website hosting, maintenance, call centre operation and identity checking.
In the event that our business or any part of it is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and those of any prospective purchaser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
We may also share non-personal information data (e.g., anonymous, aggregated data) without restriction.
Our Retention of Your Personal Information Data
We will retain your personal information data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you our websites, services and mobile applications. If you wish to cancel your account, or request that we no longer use your personal information data, contact us either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal service to Privacy, Paremus Ltd, 107-111 Fleet Street, London, EC4A 2AB. Please note that even after we cancel your account or cease using your personal information data, we may still retain, use, and disclose your information as necessary to comply with our legal, regulatory, ethical, or document retention obligations, and any request to delete your personal information data is subject to these obligations and restrictions.
Storage of Your Personal Information Data
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers, in which case the third country’s data protection laws will have been approved as adequate by the European Commission or other applicable safeguards are in place. Further information may be obtained by contact us via email at email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% private and secure, and you understand that we do not ensure or warrant the privacy or security of any information we collect from or about you, and that you use our websites and provide us with information at your own risk. If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information data, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Please also be careful to avoid “phishing” scams, where someone may send you an email that looks like it is from us asking for your personal information. We will never request your personal information through e-mail. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Rights in Relation to Your Personal Information Data
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, clicking the unsubscribe button on any communication we have sent to you or by contacting us (email@example.com). Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
We strive to keep your personal information data accurate. We have implemented technology, management processes, and policies designed to maintain data integrity. If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
You also have the right, with some exceptions and qualifications, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you. To protect your privacy and security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your personal information data.
Where you have provided your data to us and it is processed by automated means, you may be able to request that we provide it to you in a structured, machine readable format.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is resolved. In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data (a) by withdrawing your consent for us to use it; (b) if it is no longer necessary for us to use your personal data; (c) if you object to the use of your personal data and we don’t have a good reason to continue to use it; or (d) if we haven’t handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.
We will respond to any of your requests with respect to your personal Information data within a reasonable time frame.
If you are a resident of the EEA and have an unresolved privacy or personal information collection, use, or disclosure concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact the EU Data Protection Authorities. If you are a resident of Switzerland and have this concern, please contact the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner. For more information on how to contact the EU Data Protection Authorities, click here. For more information on how to contact the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, click here
Children and Personal Information Data Collection
Our websites, services and mobile application content is not directed toward children who are under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we or our Service Providers become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, that information will be deleted from our databases. If you have questions about personal information that may have been submitted by a child, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rooms/Forums/Message Boards/News Groups
We may make digital forums available to our customers and users of our websites. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose information through these.
Links to Other Non-Paremus Websites and Third Parties